Finally, after hours of screening through the candidates’ applications, you have selected the ones you want to meet for the interview.
You need a good Dental Practice Manager who will look after your practice well.
So, what to ask?
Based on the candidate’s background our team at www.BestDentalJobs.co.uk have selected a number of questions you can ask your potential new employee.
Let’s start with some opening and general questions:
In every field and at any interview it is safe to start with:
- Can you tell me a little bit about yourself, please?
- Why would you like to change your job? Or What’s the reason for leaving your current practice?
- What attracted you to this position/our company?
- What experience do you have with respects to this particular role?
- As a dental practice manager, what is your management style?
- Why do you want this particular job?
- Where do you want to be 5/10 years from now?
- What did you like most/least about your last job? Why?
- Who was your favorite manager and explain why?
- What’s the nicest thing your last boss would say about you? Negative thing?
- What was on your action plan on your last personal development plan/appraisal?
Some more examples of specific and behavioral questions you could ask:
- Describe a time you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you do it? How did they take it?
- Can you give me an example of how did you handle working with difficult people or managed difficult situation?
- How did you manage employee absence in your past job? How do you/would you manage employee absence?
- How do you manage employee performance?
- Can you give me an example of when you turned a poor performing employee into a good performing employee?
- How will you make sure that your Team will work to their fullest potential?
- How do you motivate your Team?
- What goals do you want to achieve here?
- What can we expect from you in the first 90 days?
- What challenges are you expecting?
- How do you want to achieve this (relates to question 20)?
- How do you keep organized?
- There are 10 things to do today and time for 5. What do you do?
- Have you ever had a conflict with your Line Manager or a Dentist? How was that resolved?
- Tell me about a special contribution you have made to your employer?
Dental Practice specific questions for an experienced manager:
- Can you tell me about the last complaint you had to deal with? How did you manage this? What was the outcome?
- Can you tell me what is the NHS Complaints procedure?
- What compliance should you request from a self-employed dentist when hiring him/her?
- What background checks do you need to perform when you are recruiting a new team member?
- Imagine we are planning a budget for a new financial year for this practice – what % of the income would you allocate for staff costs?
- How would you manage an underperforming dentist? (UDA delivery)
- What approaches would you use to increase the income of the practice?
- What practical steps would you take/have you made to make a practice more productive?
- What would you include in the practice development plan for the next year?
- Imagine the scenario that a new financial year is ahead of you – your sales are budgeted to increase £30k – how would you achieve this?
- How would you measure and increase patients’ satisfaction within the practice?
- How would you measure and check practice effectiveness in case of a medical emergency?
- Can you talk me through KLOE? What are they?
- Can you give an example of 2 principles within each KLOE?
- Can you give an example of how you will ensure that our dental practice is compliant at all times?
- How often does the practice need to have an x-ray audit done?
- How often does the practice need to have a record keeping audit done?
- What drug checks do you do and how often?
- What is the contingency plan for drug ordering?
- How often should the fire drill be done?
- How often should emergency light testing be done?
- How often should you perform hand hygiene audit?
Hopefully, these questions will give you an indication of what you could ask or expect at the interview for a Dental Practice Manager position.
If you require support with your recruitment feel more than welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 078 510 695 85 and to reach thousands of dental candidates in our database advertise your vacancies at BestDentalJobs.co.uk.
We wish you all success with your interviews. Best Dental Jobs Team.