Harriet Ellis are currently assisting a mixed NHS / Private Dental Practice in Headingley, Leeds who are looking to recruit a Qualified Dental Nurse on either a Full Time or Part Time basis.
Full Time - 40 hours a week
Monday to Friday - 9.00am - 5.30pm
Part Time - 24 hours a week over 3 days
To assist the dentist in the treatment and care of patients and to maintain and run an efficient surgery. The nurse will have the responsibility of being one of the decontamination nurses within the practice and assisting the Manager to make sure the practice is adhering to current guidelines and legislation. There will also be a requirement to assist with stock and ordering within the practice and keeping within budget guidelines.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain high standards of work practices; such as Health and Safety and C.O.S.H.H. regulations, Cross Infection, decontamination etc.
- Ensure general cleanliness of surgery and prepare for the treatment of dental patients.
- Prepare and sterilize dental instruments and hand pieces, ensure traceability where appropriate, adhering to laid down procedures.
- Provide reception relief cover.
- Check that all equipment is in working order, document as such (for example autoclave). If not ensure that remedial action is taken.
- Ensure that the patient’s dental charts are available prior to starting .Undertake duties associated with patient attendance’s including accessing computer system for appointments, recalls, letters, daybooks and statistics.
- Ensure that appropriate laboratory request forms are available and assist in the completion of same e.g. patient’s name, address and dental number.
- Record patient’s dental condition and treatment as required; undertake dictation/note taking and charting.
- Whilst maintaining appropriate sterile techniques, assist at the chair side during all dental procedures by anticipating the operators` and patients` needs, by maintaining a clear field of vision, passing and transferring instruments, preparing and mixing materials and medicaments for the particular treatment being undertaken.
- Recognise and assist with dental and medical emergencies.
- Maintain and prepare equipment and materials for dental radiography. Prepare patients for radiographs. Process self-developing radiographs.
- Monitor and maintain stock control.
- Dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste to minimise cross-infection
- Assist with the supervision of Apprentice Nurses and participate in the clinical induction and support of new staff/students in the Clinical area.
- Undertake all mandatory training courses and maintain statutory obligation
- Any other reasonable request
- GDC Registered
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic with a great customer focus
- Strong communication skills
- A competitive starting salary and the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Bonus payable pending KPI's
- 28 days holiday
- Modern surgeries and dental software system
- Welcoming and committed team
- % Contribution towards GDC increasing with each year of service
- Uniform provided
If you are looking for a new opportunity to progress your career, then get in touch and contact Daniel at Harriet Ellis on 01708 776050