Empleyado Dental recruitment along with well established dental practice based in London is currently seeking an Orthodontic Nurse.
- To perform high-quality dental nursing whilst assisting each orthodontist in all orthodontic procedures, in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the ‘Code of Ethics’ of the British Association of Dental Nurses and the GDC.
- The performance of these duties is under the reasonable directions of the Principal made known from time to time as appropriate.
- To establish and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the team
- To liaise with the Clinical and Practice Manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and service conditions
- To assist at the reception and perform other clerical duties if required
- To take reasonable care for her own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by her actions at work
- Set-up and prepare the surgery for the type of patient and treatment planned before the start of each session
- Clean and sterilise all equipment and working surfaces to the required standard
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Ensure safe disposal of all clinical waste
- Process, store dental radiographs and assist in the correct procedure for dental radiography
- Clean all radiographic equipment
- Liaise with reception over necessary future appointments
- Escort patients from the waiting room to the surgery, confirming the medical history is up-to-date and advising the orthodontist of any problems that she has noted
- Provide clinical assistance to the orthodontist while treating the patient, acting under his/her supervision
- Continually interpret the needs of patients and orthodontist and deal with them promptly and efficiently
- Assist the orthodontist in the completion of patient records
- Monitor and maintain all stock within dental surgery as necessary, informing the person responsible for ordering and advising them of any shortages of materials in the general stock Perform chaperoning duties for orthodontist when treating patients at all times
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Obey all dental ethical guidelines including all rules of confidentiality
- Ensure that all necessary laboratory work is ready for each session
- Assist in all clerical and administrative duties if required
Full or part-time hours available. Excellent pay and career progression as additional courses available.