Dental Practice Manager/Business Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business/Dental Practice Manager to join busy mainly Private Dental Practice in Enfield, North London.
This dental practice is a family run business established for over 40 years. Recently under the new ownership. The interior has been refurbished and been fully computerised to allow for quick access, great follow-on care and compliance with all current government guidelines.
They provide an in-house Specialist in Periodontics, who also been practising Implant dentistry for over 6 years. There are two dentists within the practice who can expertly provide Root Canal Treatment.
There are current plans to refurbish two of the surgeries with the latest equipment.
This dental practice is located in Enfield area in a 19th-century building. The original architecture of the building has been retained and the interior has been refurbished proving a modern, yet relaxed and cosy surrounding, with disabled access.
- Maintain standards in accordance with the CQC essential standards & regulations for service providers and managers
- Maintain essential standards and best practice standards following HTM0105 guidance regarding Infection Control, required essential monthly, weekly tests performed at surgery, storage of sterilized instruments, general hygiene principles, PPE, equipment, DUWLs, staff roles and responsibilities in decontamination, installation, validation and maintenance of equipment, record keeping
- Govern compliance with H&S – providing safe environment for staff and patients, risks assessments, fire safety regular tests, medical emergencies, blood bourne viruses & sharp injuries, x-ray records and maintenance, waste management, performing all required audits
- Complaints management in line with procedures & policies
- Recruit – selection based on business needs, employment law and reference checking including DBS & risk assessments, build training and development for the team, create and maintain accurate CPD records for all team members, organize practice team meetings
- Provide induction, train and maintain personal records including – infection control H&S training, IG toolkit, Patient confidentiality, Data Protection, Safeguarding, handpiece and chair maintenance, complaints procedure and much more
- Retain a team of professional and supportive staff by personal objective setting, appraisals and personal development plan for each team member
- Lead, motivate, manage and support all personnel to create successful, confident and independent Teams which consistently serve the business
- Ensure all clinical and practice procedures are completed to required standards by regular 121 with the clinical team and performing essential audits
- Drive practice performance delivering the objectives set relating to revenue targets, budget, KPIs and Profit & Loss
- Grow practice revenues by building relationships with other organisations and identifying opportunities for growth
- Liaising with accountants monthly, setting financial targets, create and implement business plans, create strategic objectives
- Patient Journey process & procedures, deal with our website & social media
Looking for an ambitious, team player both friendly and confident.
Ideally 2 years’ experience practice managers role - in dentistry and reception.
Experience in working with targets, bringing in new income and patients, understanding of KPI, experience in HR management essential (hire, appraisals, meetings).
Hours of work:
40 hours over Monday – Friday or occasional Saturdays
Salary: up to £25k
28 days holidays including bank holidays
This practice provides a variety of treatments including General & Cosmetic Dentistry, Implants, Orthodontic Treatments, Smile Makeovers and Hygiene Services.
Clinical and Operational practice support available.
- Practice Management ideally 2 years
If you are interested or would like to find out more details about this vacancy - please apply.