Implant Dental Nurse required in Slough.
The ideal candidate for this role will be fully qualified and GDC registered. However, candidates who are already registered on a Dental Nurse training course and have a good amount of experience in practice will also be considered.
- To provide leadership and management of the team in order to ensure that the practice operates efficiently, from a clinical perspective, in an atmosphere of co-operation between all members of the team
- To be responsible for the security and maintenance of clinical equipment and instruments with tight control of expenditure within budgetary constraints
- To be accountable for the security, stock control and ordering of all clinical materials ensuring tight control of expenditure within budgetary constraints
- To ensure that the rechargeable items such as implant components, orthodontic brackets, hygiene and periodontal materials, lab work are recharged to the Associates
- Attend and complete training in line with the GDC registration
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Following the ordering procedure to order new stock supplies as necessary
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with the reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice, such as reception duties, as required
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Act in accordance with the practice policies, rules and code of conduct
- Maintain a professional, clean and tidy appearance and attitude at all times
Hours of work for this role will be Monday - Friday around 40 hours per week.
The Implant clinics are every other week on a Monday & Tuesdays in 2 practices. Transport will be provided as there is a driver available.
The salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience however it will be at a competitive rate.
As a valued member of this team, you will benefit from on-going support and the opportunity to expand your personal development.